Consult with TERATES RESOURCES to ensure PPE is suitable for the work and workplace conditions.
Approval of Personal Protective Equipment (KPD) is one of the needs and requirements of the Factories and Machinery Act 1967, Occupational Health and Safety Act 1994 and Regulations there under. Where there are seven types of approval Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which requires the approval of the Director General to be used by employees / consumers as one of the engineering control measures. Approval of Personal Protection (AUP) that has been given involving the protection of: –
- PPE – Respiratory Protection (JKKP HIE/12/2/1) 2)
- PPE – Hearing Protection (JKKP HIE/12/2/2)
- PPE – Eye Protection (JKKP HIE/12/2/3)
- PPE – Hand Protection (JKKP HIE/12/2/4)
- PPE – Foot Protection (JKKP HIE/12/2/5)
- PPE – Body Protection (JKKP HIE/12/2/6)
- PPE – Head Protection (JKKP HIE/12/2/7)
Workers should familiarize themselves with the permeation rate and breakthrough time for the chemical resistant gloves provided by the manufacturer’s test data. Employer must ensure to provide their workers with correct glove.
The use of safety glasses with side shield provides eye protection but does not provide face protection during a chemical splash. It is recommended to use the face shield for face and neck protection against the hazard of chemical splashes.